Monday 25 June 2007

June 21rst: Day 19

We went to John Smith publishing, which is a company that designs and publishes a lot of different magazines. A lot of there stuff was really nice. Then a few o fus went to the hayward gallery, to an exhibition called Blind Light. It was the craziest experience ever. It is a huge cube filled with white light, gas, and vapor. It felt like heaven, totally blinded walking around in this white light and seeing people fade in and out of existence. Only when someone got right on top of you could you see them. It was totally surreal. Amazing. I was also invited to go to this dicussion at the RCA about graphic design, what it is, where it is going, and about graduate school education and things of that nature. It was totally fascinating! And it really caused me to confirm my beliefs about the topic. More details on that it you want it. Then that night was WICKED. Now I love the play, but I will stick to broadway. You could really notice the cultural differences in the play with certain scenes and the humor. And I dont think I like the accent with the songs, it threw me off. But so glad I went!!!

haiku of the day:

Vapor, white, blind, light
Cause no one mourns the wicked
Really great debate!

No comments: